Thursday, January 14, 2010

End of Day 2

Yes, it says "Hell is Real" and obvioulsy
for the people who posted it, they failed
took look around at their surroundings
cause they live IN Hell!!



the feaux rockelfeller center in Pitt, PA


my day 1 hostess! you're the best
Larissa! Thanks!!


Wow, what a day. 580 miles in the book. Was going to haul ass and go all the way to Tyler, TX from Pittsburgh, PA but decided to spend some extra time with my P-Burgh Host Larissa, buy her breakfast, and get a quick tour of downtown Pittsburgh. Saw what was a make shift wanna be Rockefeller Center. I wanted to get a picture of heinz Field but didn't see it until i was crossing the bridge out of town :-( Then it was off to Cincinatti. Took a few sites in, walked around Cincinatti Reds Stadium and PNC Bank Arena and Paul Brown Stadium, where the Bengals play. After that, the long drive was on. I took a few pics along the way and there were a few pics I wish i noticed before i went cruising by them. One was 'Big Bone Lick National Park', yes, big bone lick, only in Kentucky. Another was the KFC Colonel Sanders Mansion. That man lives large.
I ended the day in Nashville, TN, i had to stop, my back was going numb plus the shooting pains in my back, and my right leg was in severe pain as well. I'm starting to think that my inexpensive to keep up, good gas mileage 1999 honda accord, is just a little short on the 'ol leg room. Not much i can do about it now.
I went to downtown Nashville for dinner, lots of places to choose from but i chose a brewery. Appetizer was an Asiago Artichoke and Crab dip. Delicious! Dinner number 1 was a Pasta Jambalaya with Chicken, shrimp, ham and andouille sausage tossed with orzo. I know its Jambalaya, but it was so spicy, 1 bite and my mouth was on fire and my taste buds were shot. Dinner try number 2 was Hawaiin Chicken (glazed in a teriyaki sauce and served w grilled pineapple, wild rice and green beans). It was better, but the chicken was a little dry and for a teriyaki sauce/favor, it was prety much non-existent. I had to get extra sauce. However, the waitress, Meaghan, didn't charge me for either dinners, so the tip reflected well in her favor :-) Here is a link to their menu: http://www.gordonbiersch.com/resources/pdf/brna_dinner0709.pdf

Sleep in as the Holiday Inn Express near the airport. You know what they say, I'm no professional, but i did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night! Day 3 will bring me to Tyler, TX, most likely, 626 miles later. Although that's not all that bad and if get an early enough start i should be able to do that no problem, and still be able to stop along the way and site see. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment